I think I've changed a setting but dont know what

Reaction score
Hi. I've had my first Imac for a couple of months and so far so good. However, just today it has started to do something different and I don't know why. Regardless of what application is running, for seemingly no apparent reason, when I move the mouse the active application sort of moves to the background and the whole screen goes a light blue colour with the name of the active application displayed in the middle of the screen. Like now the screen will go blue and "Mac Froums.com - post new thread" appears in the centre of the screen.

This has never happened before and it is really annoying. How do I switch it off?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I think you have set it to activate Expose when you move your mouse to one of the corners of the screen...
If it is that then to turn it off you need to:
1) open system preferences
2) click Expose & Spaces
3) go to the Expose tab
4) you will see an "active screen corners" box with four drop-down lists in it
5) make sure all of them are set to "-"

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
check the mouse settings as well to make sure one of the buttons isn't activating expose or places

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
Are you by any chance squeezing your mighty mouse when you see this happen?

By default the side buttons on the mighty mouse which you "squeeze" is set to activate exposé and it is quite easy to activate by accident.

You can turn this off in the mouse settings.

OP
U
Reaction score
Hi. I wasn't conscious of squeezing the mouse but have turned off the expose mouse settings. I'll see how that goes. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.