OS10.5.6 / vista network

Reaction score
I'm trying to open a shared file in our network at our apartment, but can't get the vista computers to see my mac.

We are using a netgear wireless router. WMM disabled, SPI firewall disabled and NAT filtering open.

On my computer, i've got file sharing turned on, and the folders that I want to share are selected.

I see where I can select a workgroup, do we have to be on the same workgroup to share files through a shared folder?

Our itunes can view each others songs, but for some reason our sharing folder doesn't work, and the windows computers can't "see" mine under network, and my computer doesn't see them.

I know this isn't impossible to do, and i've read article after article about setting up a network between mac and windows but I just can't get it to work...

Any advice?

Thanks,
Neil

Reaction score
Smb

You have to activate SMB sharing Go to "sharing files " go to options and activate SMB sharing. and dont forget to subscribe the users allowing SMB sharing.

Thats in Leopard, in Tiger, Go to "Sharing" in activate " Windows Sharing".

Reaction score
Re: Smb

Your Mounpoints should appear in Vista via " your Networks" or in the " My computer"
Sorry the names may not be quite accurate because I use them usually in French.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Smb

You can also intall "Bonjour for Windows" It may help ! It will help for Printer sharing for shure.

You can download "Bonjour for Windows" at apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Bonjour for Windows Vista would help a great deal! Try that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.