Problem with iChat Video conferencing

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I am on an Aluminum MacBook and today the following problem appeared:
My iChat will not let me have a video conference with anybody. The funny thing is that when I checked the settings, it said that "This computer does not support video"...

picture1.png
picture2.png

I have been using iChat with video for months!!! This is so funny...
So then I thought I should check out my connection settings through iChat. I got the following results... This is again crazy, because I am on a high speed internet connection of at least 4Mbit!

picture3.png

I have used my iChat with video on other slower connections, so this is again crazy! The other thing is that if I use skype (I know it is another thing, but still) the video conference works perfectly!

Anybody got any idea what is wrong?
Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing worked. Do you know of this issue discussed somewhere else in the forum, or somewhere else in general?

Cheers

Reaction score
Delete the settings file

I had the same problem and to fix it I deleted the file com.apple.iChat.plist from the folder (user)/Library/Preferences. Make sure that iChat is closed while deleting the file and when you start iChat you will be prompted for your username and password like you were at the initial setup of iChat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.