How can I customise the Mac login screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
hi guys,

quick question, is there any way to customise the imac (version OSX 10.5-leopard) login screen? I know how to change the login screen background, but does anyone know how to actually customise anything else there?

1 more thing-- does anyone know how to take a screenshot of the login screen- im really desperate to know this.

Oh, and last thing, if you want, you can post a picture of your login screen here, i'd be very interested to see what yours looks like (especially if you've customised it!);D

Cheers guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
There are a couple of applications that allow you to customize various parts of the login screen....
One of them is VisageLogin: (never used it so I don't know how it works) Visage Login: Customize Mac OS X

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks NPuter, I'll definitely check that out!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Change Login Screen Background?

Hi there guys!

I own an iMac, OS X Leopard, and I am aware that there are ways to change the login screen background. What I was wondering, was whether it would be possible (even with a 3rd part program,) to change the login screen background to a video clip rather than a still image. I did notice that the 'default desktop.jpeg' file would only work as a jpeg file, but is there a 3rd party app that could do the trick??

Thanks a mac os x bundle!;D

Reaction score
I saw this come up once before. Let me search for the thread I am thinking of....

here

It might be possible, but to my knowledge nobody has figured it out yet.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I saw this come up once before. Let me search for the thread I am thinking of....

here

It might be possible, but to my knowledge nobody has figured it out yet.

Thanks, but does anyone also know of a way that I can make the Leopard Intro Movie to play every time I switch on my Mac. You know, the one that comes on the first time you turn on your mac.
Is it possible to get it to play EVERY time you turn the iMac on??

Cheers again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.