MBP questions

Reaction score
Hello,

Im looking to some what convert to a macbook pro, currently have a dell M1530 and was looking at best buy at the 15.4" MBP the specs look almost the same as the one on apples website but the cpu is 2.53 and the one at apples site is 2.66 all other specs are the same did they make one for best buy or just a newer version. would the extra 133mhz make a huge difference to get from apple directly. I was thinking about a 17 model but i dont know if i need the extra big screen either way the MBP look cool and have a nice feel to them

Another question i have is how well do mac play with windows networks, I have a windows server that stores all my files, pics, music.

Im planning on installing windows, was very surprised that it was possible to do and been reading up on that and seems windows runs well on the MBP, i know windows on a mac might be taboo but i have some games i like to play. I also have a bunch of pictures that i edit and organize and i like the way the mac handles them so thats another reason im swaying to get one

I hope i didnt post in the worng spot, just looking for some general info

thanks
Razor237

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
hi there!
My friend owns a MacBook pro, they are great!
Personally, I own an iMac, but the MacBooks are possibly the best laptops around!

To be honest with you, I suspect that they play around quite well with Windows networks. My iMac and all the other Windows computers in my house are networked, it works just as well as with only 1 OS.

MacBooks are also very good with graphics, as you probably know, so i would encourage you to get one, considering what you said you wanted to do with it.
Also, i have windows installed on my mac- works like dream!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
*networking- - - It works just as if all the Operating Systems were the same make!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
It's not just one made for best buy - my MBP is 2.4 Ghz - there are two 15" models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93Ghz i7 iMac 16GB, 15" 2.66 Ghz i7 MBP 8GB, 2.13Ghz MBA 4GB, iPhone4 32GB, iPad3G 32GB
Apple just updated the processor in the top Macbook Pro to 2.66Ghz. Best Buy still has stock of the old 2.53GHz. If the price is similar between BB and Apple, then go for the 2.66GHz, no reason to not get the faster one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.