Word 2008 - highlighting text question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4GHx Intel Core2 Quad 4GB Ram Version 10.5.5
Hi,
Just a quick question, I have just compiled a large document and would like to be able to highlight certain passages to make them stand out when scrolling through it.
Is there a highlighting option in Word? Ideally I'd like to mark the backgrounds of certain pages without altering the colours of the fonts.

Don't know if there is a dedicated function for this? If not how do I select just the page I'm on to colour whilst leaving those around it white? I see how to change the background, but it applies itself to the whole doc!

Also, is there a way to select passages of text where there are already two colours (blue for the persons name and black for their text) and just change the colour, say, of the black to red without altering the blue!? To do each entry one at a time (hence avoiding the blue altogether would just take too long!).

Tips and advice on any of the above would be most welcome and save me a lot of time!

Thanks
Mark

Reaction score
For the first part, go to "View" and select the Formatting Palette to pop up. The highlighting option is in that top section of the palette right next to the font color option. Just select the text you wish to highlight and press the button. You can also change the color.

For your second question, I would think the best way for that is just selecting the text you wish to be red and clicking the change font color button right next to the highlight option.

Hope this helps!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4GHx Intel Core2 Quad 4GB Ram Version 10.5.5
Thanks! Yes, that was HUGELY helpful! Amazing how few good help sites there are for Mac Word! I've been used to MS Word and the layout is quite, quite different (and, I's have to say, on the Mac not nearly as intuitive...).

That's highlighting sorted then! Can I only choose from those 12 colours? Or can I customise the colour, can see no way to do that!

One last thing, and this MUST be really easy to do, how do I select a single page to change the background colour of?

Thanks again!

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.