Annoying App Store: Fake Updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Okay, this problem doesn't really matter that much, but it's just annoying and maybe someone else has the same problem. Whenever I open the App Store on my iPod Touch, it always says that I have 4-7 updates available for 4-7 applications that I recently updated. The "updates" that show up are ones I've already installed, and when I click on them they usually say INSTALLED but sometimes they let me install it again. I did it once and I just reinstalled the update. Whenever I have a REAL new update, all the bogus ones go away and only the real one shows up. However, its just really annoying. Anyone know what to do?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't know what to do, but that would be annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I have been noticing the same thing lately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo Extreme, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Okay, this problem doesn't really matter that much, but it's just annoying and maybe someone else has the same problem. Whenever I open the App Store on my iPod Touch, it always says that I have 4-7 updates available for 4-7 applications that I recently updated. The "updates" that show up are ones I've already installed, and when I click on them they usually say INSTALLED but sometimes they let me install it again. I did it once and I just reinstalled the update. Whenever I have a REAL new update, all the bogus ones go away and only the real one shows up. However, its just really annoying. Anyone know what to do?

I have the same problem. Its probably just a bug. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I have been dealing with the same problem as well. I usually just open the app store again and the "updates" go away.

Reaction score
This has been happening to me too. When I try to install it keeps on installing for quite long without any change. Quite annoying. Have you people tried syncing with itunes in your computer and clicking the option transfer purchases? Once when I did this it went away.

Reaction score
Think I got it, you have to sync it with itunes in your computer and check for available downloads from your computer. I did this and everything was fine again.

Reaction score
I have deleted many apps from my iPhone due to the constant stream of updates. I think it's great that the developers are updating their apps on a regular basis but I'd like the option the say 'no thank you' to another download.

I know it's weird but I just can't stand having those little red numbers on my phone and not be able to remove them without downloading another update. Oh well. Wish this was my biggest problem in life :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.