Getting a new iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I can't wait. I think I am going to go with the 24" 2.66 ghz model.

Has anyone gotten one yet? I saw the video review on CNET, haven't really seen anything else online about it.

Looking forward to playing some WoW ( Undermine server ) on that bad boy.

Also, I want to learn Photo Shop, can someone recommend a book or anything like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz
If you mean a book about Macs, I highly recommend the Switching to the Mac (Leopard Ed.): The Missing Manual from Pogue Press. Its a great book on the ins and outs of OS X and on how to make the mental leap from Windows.

As for Photo Shop, I don't know about any user guides, but would be interested myself. You can download a 30-day trial from Adobe's web site though - fully functional at that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.66 C2D 2gb Ram
I got the new model 20" and its great, i cant imagine a 24" hehe. I had my doubt about the video card of being integrated compared to previous gen with dedicated cards, but i have to tell you that wow looks amazing, plays amazing, i got everything in medium but distance and spell detail (high) and i get at BG's 35+ fps, in cities i get 48+ fps.
Less fps than my pc, but i dont mind at all playing with -40 or 50 fps on mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
I have it already!
It is truly great! There isnt much difference between the interface between this one and the older ones, but it is much faster (not that the old one isnt fast, cause it is!) But you can open more apps at once, without them crashing.

The screen is HUGE! You cant see it all within one glance, you have to look around to see everything. Great for watching movies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
for learning some photoshop you can check out photoshop for dummies or the missing manual. both are good

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.