Photoshop CS4 Toolbar Change

Reaction score
In photoshop CS4 unlike previous releases tools in the toolbar need to be selected from their popout menu meaning you have to click twice to select them. As far as I can remember in earlier PS if you needed a different tool than the one showing you held the mouse button down while selecting the chosen tool.

i find the new way extremely irritating for no other reason than i have been used to the other way for so long.

Does anyoe know of a way of changing this back to the original method.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I'm not sure but to be honest I find using the toolbar a waste of time.

Simply memorize the shortcut for the tools then when you hold down Shift+'x' you can scroll through them.

Ie. If you want to use the lasso tool hit, L, if you want to cycle through the lasso tools hit Shift+L until the tool you want is active.

Hope that helps and might make you more productive (did for me anyways). :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll try it.

Still interested if anyone knows if this can be changed back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Not quite sure what you mean? If I need a popout tool, I hold down the mouse button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.