Line In on iBook

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just noticed that my iBook doesnt have a line in. Is there a way that I can hook my stereo system up to my iBook?? For instance, I have some old cassette tapes that I'd like to transfer to CD. I could record using some of the Toast utilities if I had a line in. Any ideas???

Reaction score
Get a Griffin Tech Imic. Plugs in the USB port. Provides Mic and Line inputs.

ed724

Reaction score
Yes, their are USB connectors that will do that. 'Griffin imic' is one of them.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Found it soon after that post. Anyone have any experience with this product? Quality ok??

X

xthisisRomancex

If you plan on recording guitar and mic the imic limits you. it is indeed cheap. i personally would recomend the M-Audio Fasttrack it is $99 but it has 1/4 input and mic inputs. it also has a headphone out so u can monitor your music using that and not bogging down your system. it also had RCA jacks for monitoring. While ibelive the iMic has only 1/8th inch input

OP
M
Reaction score
My sole use will be to have audio from either my tape player or vocal audio from a line out (cd player, etc.)

Reaction score
I should think the imic will be good enough for that. It just does the basics, non of the fancy stuff.
You can download Spark ME which is free for recording the stuff off the tapes, it also does the job and you can just leave it on for the hole tape and then split it up into separate songs later. That's what I used when I was taking music off tapes and it worked fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.