Airport with belkin router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHz Intel, 2 GB, 240 GB/16G ipod nano
so i have this sweet macbook and my roommate has the same one. our belkin router is brand new, and works great with all the pc's but it incredibly slow with the macbooks and ipod touches. i have used the identical router to set up a network that worked in the past, but they just shipped us a new one because that one had problems too...

does anyone have any suggestions? diagnostics does nothing i've tried things from deleting the internet network and re-entering the password in keychain rebooting blah blah blah

also, airport and ipods work great on my girlfriend's network, or on campus at school, it is basically only this one network

it says we are connected, tells us everything is working fine but the browser either won't connect, will take 20 mins to load a page, will load the page wrong, or will load the homepage and then nothing else

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHz Intel, 2 GB, 240 GB/16G ipod nano
i fixed it... login to 192.168.2.1 and go to channel and SSID and change from 20 MHz only to 20 and 40 auto

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.