transfer itunes pc to mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mini 2.0 120hd 2 gig ram/ iphone/ipod
I'm a happy switcher...however the backup ext hd is formatted only for mac...I need to transfer approx 40gb of music from my pc to the mac. I have a 4gb usb device I guess I can use for docs,pics etc...don't know if that will work either. Anyone know if I could transfer to online back up from pc then download to mac? pretty frustrated at this moment...thanks in advance
river

Reaction score
If your PC has an ethernet cable then you can connect it with that !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
But that takes really long via AIM. You can probably just e-mail them all to yourself OR, if you have an iPod with enough memory, you can put them on your iPod from your PC and then transfer them to your Mac.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks

Plain e.net cable (blue) will work..don't need cross over(yellow)? and the e-mail seems the less painful, I pod only 8gb.
thanks
river

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Something else just occured to me. maybe FTP or AFP, if your PC has either one of those? All Macs have at least one of the two. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, but I'm not sure what AFP stands for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
E-mail would take waaaaaaay too long; most web email providers limit you to 10MB attachments. If you have a wireless or wired (Ethernet) network, I'd highly recommend doing it that way. Copy your iTunes folder on your PC to your Mac, leave everything on overnight, and voila, music on the Mac.

Reaction score
I have a question that adheres to this subject. I already transfered all my music from my pc to my mbp. Only problem is is that I have a bunch of and songs NOT on my PC/mac transfer that are on my iPod. How can I move songs FROM my iPod TO iTunes on my mbp? Doing it backwards.

So far, I'm just downloading each song NOT in iTunes that is on my iPod one by one...but it's just too much of a pain and will take waaaaaay-haaaaaay-haaaaaaaay too long.

Any suggestions????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Riverrance - 3 solutions jump to mind (some already suggested):
1. Download a trial of MacDrive. Install on the PC. It lets you read/write to Mac formatted disks.
2. Crossover ethernet cable (any colour!) - connect the two machines together
3. Any ethernet cable and connect the two machine via a router

If you have never had any experience using Network connections the first solution is probably the most straightforward.

Lastly, I'd avoid any internet based solution. Transferring 40gb up then down again over anything but the fastest connection will be painfully slow compared to the alternatives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
just thinking surely if the pc and mbp are connected then you can share folders between the 2 systems

make the appropriate folders on the PC shared and then on mbp map a network drive to the PC and then you will be able to see the contents and copy them across

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
transfer from disk

thanks for all the help and input...couple other things

transfered everything to dvd transferring music is easy...however can't seem to transfer documents pictures video...when i insert the disk i'm not sure how to access

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.