Buying a Laptop?

Reaction score
I want to purchase a Mac laptop. Im not new to Mac's. I had a white Macbook about a year ago, but had to sell it.

Im looking at the ibooks, but they are still pricey. We have a G4 tower that runs great, but the graphics arent very good. My daughter likes to play Nick Jr & other online games so I need something that has a decent graphics card. If that is possible in my price range?

I can only spend around $400.00. Since my price range is on the lower end, I think I am going to have to look at older mac laptops or a low priced PC based laptop?

Any suggestions? :D THanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can buy a 1.x Ghz eMac for less than $400.

And a 1 Ghz iBook G4 should not be much more than that.
If you can't find one for less than $400, then people are seriously inflating the price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Online games rely on Adobe Flash, which runs really poorly on G4s. I remember having trouble running Flash even on a 1.25 GHz G4.

I'd recommend a netbook myself. They're cheap (most are under $400), they get good battery life, and they'll do fine for basic stuff like flash games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Online games rely on Adobe Flash, which runs really poorly on G4s. I remember having trouble running Flash even on a 1.25 GHz G4.
I've never had an issue with any G4 and Flash.

1.67 Ghz PowerBook
1.0 Ghz iBook
1.0 Ghz eMac
500 Mhz B&W G3 even ran fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
I've never had an issue with any G4 and Flash.

1.67 Ghz PowerBook
1.0 Ghz iBook
1.0 Ghz eMac
500 Mhz B&W G3 even ran fine.

Flash games on my G4 required me to right click and drop the quality down to "low" for it to run at any speed other than "slide show."

Maybe old flash videos/games ran fine, but I tried a few that were maybe around 800x600 pixels in size a year or two ago and they ran terribly.

Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 and I would not recommend buying it for anything graphics related. Love the sucker, but to watch videos or anything... it's completely laggy even if I have nothing else open on the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.