Apple80211agent Query

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
I started my iMac before my BT (British Telecom) router had completed it's boot-up. Normally that causes a warning that my network is unavailable. This time another warning was superimposed over the network warning.

"Apple80211Agent wants to use your confidential information stored in 'BTHomeHub.........' in your keychain.'

I cancelled the request and reselected the Network via Airport, it came online without any further warnings.

Having transferred allegiance from the Dark Side to Macs I'm still wary of such warnings and requests. I cannot find anything on 'Search' which relates to this warning. Is it normal? Or is my mild paranoia a tad of over reaction? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
It's just asking you if it's ok for your router to ask your keychain (where passwords are stored) for your WEP/WPA key. It's normal, your Mac is doing its job, keeping your data safe.

OP
Lycoming
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Thanks Eric, I was used to the usual keychain requests but hadn't seen this particular one before. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.