SBOD [Spinning Beach Ball of Death]?

C

code777

Hmmmm, it seems when i start to open say iChat, iTunes, Mail, Safari, iMovie, etc... i get the SBOD for a few seconds. This never happened before. Well with the exception of iMovie. But i've noticed recently that when i open say iChat it takes like 30 seconds+ to finally log in or when i'm surfing in Safari i get that SBOD for maybe 10seconds+ etc... this never happened before as i RARELY saw the SBOD but today I see it kinda often.

What gives??? Is something slowing my iBook down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
repair permissions and reset pram.

OP
C

code777

how do i reset pram - i've heard this term a ton but never thought i'd need to do this but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
shut down your mac, hold down command+option+P+R while starting up, after you hear the mac 'chime' 3 times, release the ketys and allow it to boot the rest of the way. please not that some setting may be changed back to default, and the time may be wrong.

OP
C

code777

well i did repair and my god, it fixed tons of stuff (mainly in iMovie) so not sure if i should go ahead and reset PRAM. What do you think?

OP
R

ryanyogan

It cant hurt you, you may lose a couple settings but nothing bad, then again if it isnt broken why fix it I guess

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.