• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

"The virus that kills your computer!" Rumored Virus at my School.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I thought that was my point?

and I didn't mean say that BlueMac did it, I meant say one of us did it.

I'm confused. That seemed like a proposal to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Whatever

It was more of a joke anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
I just got an idea

What if all of us spread the word to all of the other forums we post on about the first virus ever made for Mac OS X?

We could say one of us made it and now it's starting to spread
and then we see how far it gets?

Doing this is basically as bad as making/spreading a virus. Great, we send a bunch of people into a panic for nothing. Now they all go and waste time installing anti-virus. For no personal gain, just to be jerks. NOT FUNNY.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Doing this is basically as bad as making/spreading a virus. Great, we send a bunch of people into a panic for nothing. Now they all go and waste time installing anti-virus. For no personal gain, just to be jerks. NOT FUNNY.

And it would probably ultimately end in us getting our IP addresses terminated, and the FBI knocking on our door. It may even go further, if they have some sort of evidence a real virus existed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.