Airport card not installed

Reaction score
I recently had my imac G5 (isight) repaired. The fans were replaced. When I plugged the machine in, it showed that the airport card was not installed. The technician stated that he did not disconnect it. Is it possible it is dead or can it be a software issue? I have reset the PRAM and SMU and still cannot pick up the airport card. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Make sure the antenna is actually still connected and yes the cards do fail. What does Apple System Profiler have to say in 'About this Mac'>Network>Airport Card?

OP
L
Reaction score
System Profiler shows no airport card. I can't open the thing so I can't check to see if the antenna is still connected. Is it a coincidence that it went just after it was serviced or could have the technician broke it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It is rather suspicious that the airport card disappeared after the tech worked on the machine. I would take it back and have him open it and verify that the antenna is still connected and that the leads are intact and not broken. The antenna leads are in back of the display, the very area where the iSight is located.

It is possible that the airport card failed, but you can not overlook the coincidence.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Trust it was an Apple techo who worked on your iMac and do as suggested. Keep us posted and fingers crossed for you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.