Switch'em at last

Reaction score
Please don't shoot the messenger if this problem has been hashed many times before. I am totally new to anything Apple, but will attempt to help my wife and daughter...both iPod junkies.

For Christmas, Santa blessed them with a Macbook and 24" iMac which they can't put down (nice job Santa) :D Currently they each have an account on the old XP Pro Thinkpad with their own iPod Libraries with each account.

My mission, if you decide to assist, is to move the songs from their iTunes Library on the Thinkpad to their own Macs. When this is done, I would like to remove iTunes from both XP accounts. They each have their own iPos Nano (short chubby one).

This message will not self destruct cause I do need help.

ranmac thanks all who partake :Cool:

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, mrplow.

I printed it out so we can sit down tonight and give it a try.

Fingers are crossed and I'll return with the results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
Thinkpad? No wonder why I didn't know what it was - because it's a PC creation!

Good luck moving your files.

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry to say, I couldn't get the better half to sit for a minute. She's trying to bait me to do it all and I want her to learn. This is a typical woman brainwashed at her job on a PC with MS Office for 25 years. Can't wait to see how she likes iWork '09 :)

As an addendum, I wanted to add the fact that the IBM Thinkpad's version of iTunes was 7.6.29 and the iMac has the current version 8.+. Also, the songs in her Library are a combination of songs she ripped from CD to mp3 and songs purchased from the itunes store.

I'm not making this easier I'm guessing from electricianron's best wishes :(

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry to say, I couldn't get the better half to sit for a minute. She's trying to bait me to do it all and I want her to learn. This is a typical woman brainwashed at her job on a PC with MS Office for 25 years. Can't wait to see how she likes iWork '09 :)

As an addendum, I wanted to add the fact that the IBM Thinkpad's version of iTunes was 7.6.29 and the iMac has the current version 8.+. Also, the songs in her Library are a combination of songs she ripped from CD to mp3 and songs purchased from the itunes store.

I'm not making this easier I'm guessing from electricianron's best wishes :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.