How do I prioritize menu bar items?

Reaction score
I like having a lot of things running in the menu bar especially istat menus. I only have a 13" screen, so what often times happens is when I'm using a program that has a lot of File, Edit, View type drop-down menus, the Help and Window menus take priority over the icons I have that it runs into.

Is there a 3rd party application that can fix this? Maybe something that can combine Window and Help? I hardly ever use any of the those menus anyway since I like shortcut keys.

If I can get this figured out, it'll be another reason why I shouldn't switch back to Linux.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I take it your top menu bar is crowded to the point that some application menus overlap the icons?

Maybe "Candybar" can help. Link

Not sure if it has the ability to change the top menu or not but give it a look and decide for yourself. Otherwise, the only other suggestion I have is attach a large monitor to your MacBook. At high resolutions that would give more real estate room at the top menu bar.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.