Is the iPhone that great?

Reaction score
Hello you all,

I just got an iPhone yesterday and I was happy with it until I discovered that I can't send pictures via texts which really sucks. I also didn't like that I can't send forwards, for example, if someone send me a joke i can't send it to another person (at least i haven't discovered how to do that) I knew about it's video capability but if it had it was a plus, also it doesn't have alarm set up..however i downloaded an appl for alarm and it didn't work....considering that according to most people it is one of the greatest phones I think its usage is limited.

Something I do like about the iPhone is the internet (3G) and that it's visually atractive. I also like the videos and be able to download fun applications to the phone. The maps are really good too. And finally the Ipod.

I'm considering to change my phone since I love to text pictures and take videos. I rather get a cool phone, maybe not as coolest the iPhone visually talking, but a phone that I can really use with no limitations.

What you all think of my opinion about the iPhone?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Doesn't really matter what our opinion is. You should get what works for you. That won't be the same of any piece of electronics for everyone. Choice is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Doesn't really matter what our opinion is. You should get what works for you. That won't be the same of any piece of electronics for everyone. Choice is good.
Ditto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If the iPhone doesn't have the features you need, then swap it for a phone that does. No need to get one just because everybody else is.

Also, the iPhone does have an alarm. Just go to Clock and there's an alarm icon on the bottom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I never really got into the iphone that much. I'm happy with my storm. Go back to the AT&T store and look around at the other phones.. A phone that might suit your needs better. Maybe take a look at the blackberries or windows smart phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
and Yes it is that great...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I like mine but there are very close friends of mine who hate the iPhone and I mean hate. That is how I got mine, from a friend who bought one and can't stand it. I tried it, loved it and bought it.

I really love the iPhone but not everyone will feel the same way. Get a phone that works for you and you feel comfortable with.

Only thing I miss and feel should be included on the iPhone is Copy/Paste.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
IMG_00013.png

that's my work-around to send pix since we don't have mms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I love the iPhone. I can never go back to just a regular phone. Think of the no forwarding feature as an anti-spam feature. Do we really want to hear the joke you may think is funny? :p

Link to Site?

You should be able to just Google it. It's available on a lot of websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook c2d, 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB Harddrive, 16GB iPhone 3G
Search the iTunes store for the Multimedia Messages app, download that and you got your picture mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
My theory is this...it is not that great. Until you try something else. Seriously. However, different strokes for different folks.

Reaction score
If you're not using the apps to their full potential, you're going to miss the luster of the iPhone.

Not everyone is into the whole app thing which is why I wonder why some people even have the iPhone when they have like a half a page of apps. I guess it's a status symbol more than anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're not using the apps to their full potential, you're going to miss the luster of the iPhone.

Not everyone is into the whole app thing which is why I wonder why some people even have the iPhone when they have like a half a page of apps. I guess it's a status symbol more than anything.

I only have half a page of apps but those are apps that I use multiple times during the day. All of them get used.

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that you go out and get 20 pages of dumb applications, but the applications on the iPhone are really what sets the phone apart from other phones. If you've become content with the half page then more power to you with a non-cluttered interface.

I easily filled up two pages my first day of applications/games that I use often, but maybe everyone has different taste/needs.

Reaction score
I also didn't like that I can't send forwards, for example, if someone send me a joke i can't send it to another person (at least i haven't discovered how to do that)

Yeah, you can...it just looks like you're replying. At the bottom of your e-mail message, there's an arrow that swoops up and left. See it? It looks like a "reply" button...but that button actually brings up a menu. The menu includes Forward. Give it a try.

I love my iPhone. The keyboard takes a little bit, but it's intuitive and adaptive and you adapt to it as well. The apps are great. Even the default ringtones are beautiful. Give it a week before you return it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Personally? No, I don't think so.

It doesn't mean that the rest of the world, or at least the US, thinks I'm not nuts, but I don't care for it all that much.

My N95 serves me perfectly well, and I like it better than I ever liked the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've always wanted to play with a N95.

Reaction score
Firstly the iphone wont suit everyone, most of my friends hate anything to do with apple and really slag my iphone off about everything, but to me its the best phone i have ever had!! to the point i have just given in and bought a new macbook!

Secondly MMS you can do go on app store find a program called mms its a red icon. you top it up using paypal works a treat.

hope this helps!

Reaction score
Get the new Blackberry 8900. That might suit your needs better than the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.