Local/International Traffic Router Utility ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' iMac 3.06
Does anyone know if there is any software for mac that can do this:

Route Sentry
Route Sentry is specially designed for South Africans who want to make use of 2 ADSL accounts on the same PC at the same time, with the one account being used for local access only and the other for international. Most people are put off using such a setup due to the inconvenience of having to manually set up the IP routing tables after each new connection (due to ISP's allocating dynamic IP addresses). Route Sentry makes it easy.

It will monitor your 2 connections and automatically route South African traffic through the “local” account while directing all other traffic through the “international” account. It will automatically reconnect if either connection is dropped (which at the moment happens at least once every 24 hrs) and keep traffic flowing through the correct connections even if the IP addresses are changed after reconnecting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I don't know of any mac software that will do that off hand, but there are several nice hardware router options that will do that, like the ZyWall products from ZyXel (multiple outbound ports that you can adjust how traffic is split between the ports, balancing, etc., etc. plus a host of other features), XinCom, I think Firebox has one too.

As long as you know the IP ranges that are assigned to the country, you should be able to tell it the device to route all data for those ranges out the port that is for in country traffic only. That way it'd be easy to have multiple comps hooked in and let the single box do all the work.

Plus many of these boxes also have content filtering, antivirus capability and other features that are really nice for border units.

Just a thought

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.