Save to multiple hard drives with one save?

Reaction score
Hello there. I was wondering if there's a way where you can save to multiple hard drives with one save?

This would be mainly used for my graphics work. You see, I often need to take my hard drive into university, thus I edit my hard drive work so when I take it home I have to copy work of up to 15GB. I know I can also say don't replace but I often edit same name files so they won't be updated.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards, James George Dunn.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No way to do it unless you had some sort of a raid setup for multiple hard drives on one machine. (If I'm understanding your question correctly.)

See the following Wikipedia article on RAID: Link

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
too much of a hassle to use raid for this imo ... also I'm not sure how raid works when one drive in internal and the other external (meaning sata vs usb/fw)

EDIT:
you can maybe create a script, or use Automator, that you would run to copy everything when you connect the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Plus I'm not sure it would work well to have a RAID (even a mirrored RAID) that you can break up whenever you want.

Better to just use some sort of backup/sync software, which I'm not too familiar with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.