• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bill Gates doesn't allow iPhones or iPods in his house

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Look on the bright side, Bills kids have a ZUNE:D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think Bill has missed a little something here.
He's thinking Apple is the enemy. By not allowing apple products into his house. I think he needs to milk Apple for what it's worth.

Bootcamp exists for the simple reason Apple users have a need for his OS. Sure it's not the switcher market. But people who buy both OS's is more sales for his company.

And how this relates to the ipod. Is it's clear the Zune is not getting major market share. I think he should cut his loses and but the product from his line and stick to what he is good at? . . . . Well what is he good at?

Making OS's and getting the masses to buy them.

Reaction score
I second that! I know HP isn't always a bad company, but I've had nothing but trouble with all their products and refuse to by another as well.

That is odd - in the past I have used nothing but Epson printers. Currently I use an HP 3 in 1 and it has given me no problems whatsoever plus the cartridges are much cheaper then Epson.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
And how this relates to the ipod. Is it's clear the Zune is not getting major market share. I think he should cut his loses and but the product from his line and stick to what he is good at? . . . . Well what is he good at?

Stealing other peoples ideas that's what:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Mm

The MM is great! It's one of the iconic things that makes it an Apple Mouse.
I have the wireless mighty mouse on my iMac and I love it! It's been pretty much the best mouse I have used!

My crappy Dell mouse at work has back and forward buttons on the side. Our accounting system is web based so if I am in the middle of something and accidently hit the 'back' button it resets the system back to the previous website before I logged in. Grrr!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I bet his wife secretly has one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
I feel sorry for those kids.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Is Bill against Apple computers and laptops as well. Even if they were fully set up with bootcamp and Vista/W7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet he is:[

Funny ya know, when you buy other brands of computers, Phones you get a huge choice of Operating systems, you can have Windows, windows or even windows as as their OS.... we are blessed with choice:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Agreed. It would be like Bill Ford driving a Toyota to work.

Lmao, very nice example. Toyotas are awesome though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.