iPod Touch Music download

Reaction score
Is there a way (without Jailbreaking) that I can get an iPod Touch to download music straight from online? I saw dTunes, but I have to jailbreak for it.

Also, if there isn't a way, is Jailbreaking safe? I assume that it will void my warranty, as Linux did to my old iPod.

Oh yeah, and one more question. I might get a 1G Touch. What is different between the 1G and 2G Touches? Do all the apps work on 1G?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iTunes Music Store might be a good start...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
About the 1G and 2G iPod touches - the only difference that I know of is that the 2G has an internal speaker and the 1G doesn't. And yes, you can go on the iTunes music store on your iPod Touch as well.

OP
E
Reaction score
I know about the iTunes Music store :), but I guess that is the only way to get it directly on it. Is there a way to connect via FTP to it (Go -> Connect to Server)?

Thanks for the info about 1G vs 2G. I didn't even know 2G had an internal speaker.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
2G has a faster processor as well.

You're not talking about illegal downloading now are you?

OP
E
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Most of the bands I listen to aren't signed and have free music for download on their websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
^ Get 2G. Its newer, has faster processor, has bluetooth which will get support in iPhone OS 3.0 and has a volume rocker & an external speaker.
Plus, iPod Touch 2G supports microphones, 1G doesnt.

Thats it. 2G has been jailbroken if thats essential to you. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.