WD MyBook External HD

Reaction score
I have a WD MyBook 1 TB NAS. I transfered my iTunes folder to it. the first time i was at about 50 GB when the folder got screwy on my MacBook. It began to cycle through the files as if it was sorting the files in order. It would do this then the screen would go blank then the folder would disappear.

So i re-transferred the files to another folder. Things seemed to be going well. This time the folder was working correctly being able to view the files without an problems. Then about 59 GB it began this cycle-thing again.

Now when I want to add new files to iTunes, i have to use my old windows pc (very slow) to add the files to itunes. In doing this the windows pc needs to rebuild itunes. Then I can add the files. After this I have to fire up the MacBook and rebuild iTunes.

This is just simply a lot of time to add files, its more of a pain than anything.

Anyone know why on the MacBook it does this folder cycle thing?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.