Trouble installing Mac Drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Black MacBook: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo Tiger 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hello I am running Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo which i believe would make it a Tiger

and I have used Bootcamp to install Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 ( Build 2600.xpclient.010817-1148) now don`t go all like "Bootcamp says you need service pack 2 and that`s why it wont work" because here`s the thing

over a year ago when i bought this mac i installed mac and did the Bootcamp thing and installed this very same windows on this very same computer without a hitch now a few months ago windows came up with a registry error which is a common thing for windows to break on apparently many friends advised me it would be best to just wipe the windows partition and reinstall

much to my dismay i did just that, i will spare you the grizzly details

having installed windows it appeared that the mac drivers are having trouble installing

at first it asked for a usbehci.sys file but one of my friends managed to fix that

by running a program i found on halfdone.com to a disk in windows (first i had to transfer it to my windows partition via on mac mode becouse obviously my internet wont work on windows until this gets fixed)it gave me a long list of things which i assume is more specifically which drivers and things I`m missing which is this

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

my friend did some things which got a few of the drivers installed which leaves me with these

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

i first get this error message while running the mac drivers install program

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: error1.jpg

then this one

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: error2.jpg

i have tried downloading the chipsets from the intel website and installing them but to no avail

so i am basically running out of ideas on how to get these drivers to work

any help on this would be very much appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Solution: Upgrade to Leopard. Buy an OEM copy of XP SP2 Home at NewEgg and install using the latest version of Boot Camp instead of using an expired beta.

Or, slipstream SP2 into your copy of XP Pro. Slipstream software for free here (Autostreamer). Link

You'll need to download SP2 from MS and you'll also need a Windows PC to do the slipstreaming.

REgards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Black MacBook: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo Tiger 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Well I would like to keep both my Tiger and the version iv got of Windows XP and i really don`t want to have to go and buy new software.

and as i have said before since Bootcamp and everything installed fine the first time on both those i don`t see any reason to upgrade to Leopard or SP2

any alternative suggestions?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The reason to upgrade to Leopard and SP2 is in the first post above. This would include:

You are out of ideas on how to make something work that the developers say will not work.

The rest of us are using the final release of BootCamp and are installing XP with SP2 (which, as noted above, you can do for free by slipstreaming it into your current copy of XP), so we don't have any ideas either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you feel that you'd really like to stick with Tiger the very least you need to do is slipstream your current XP install with SP2.

If you're not prepared to do that (it's free after all) then I suspect, while you may eventually succeed getting it installed you'll likely suffer further problems down the line.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i wonder actually whether my windows version is actually supposed to be SP2 but is a bit broken or something

anyway i have downloaded the autostreamer thing and ill go install it on my windows so then what do i do :) ?(remember i cant use internet in windows at the moment)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Download SP2 standalone installer from the MS site while in Mac OS then copy it into the Windows partition.

Once the ISO is created in the slipstream app you may want to go back into Mac OS and burn it from there if you can't burn discs in windows

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okiedoke downloading it now

iv downloaded this thing from th mac site which lets you write to NTFS files so i can read and write on my windows partition via ma so im working via that instead of burning to dvds i just mentioned i in case a direct download was somehow required (im not as tech savy as id like to be)

i like the wookie comment btw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll still need to burn you're newly created XPSP2 disc image to CD. Then do a clean install. I wouldn't try an 'in-place' upgrade to SP2.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
clean install? as in wipe my windows partition again and reinstall ? or installing and thus upgrading ? or just installing the additional components?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
as in wipe my windows partition again and reinstall

Yes. Boot from the new xpsp2 disc and format the windows partition during setup

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okiedoke so i reinstalled windows using the service pack 2 disk i burned and it looks alot better and alot more drivers managed to install and i can rightclick again (yay) but were not quite there yet sadly

i now have wireless optionswich i didnt have before but it cant connect and when i try and repair the connection it gets stuck on renewing IP adress so i had another look at the drivers and

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6199/driver1.jpg

the PCI drives arent installed and the USB Human Interface Device cannot start apparently i tried installing the additional components form the windows install disk and then tried installing all teh mac drivers again i doesnt say that the mac drivers didnt install properly but those things are still missing

what do i do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apart from trying the Leopard drivers I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
feeling quite silly now the reason why it still wasnt working in teh end becouse i was trying to use the wrong password for accessing teh internet

thank you guys very much! if i you hadnt made me realise that windows didnt instal properly it would never have gotten fixed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.