Help with Safari!!!!

N

noodles

Hello,

I recently got a new (used) mac and i'm trying to make internet purchases through a payment site which uses pop up windows. Im a previous PC user and never had these problems with IE, but now i'm using safari which came with the mac and the popups just don't work when i click on the payment button.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.2 and running safari 1.0.3.

I've ensured that javascript is on , cookies are enabled and that there are no popup blockers.

My friend has a Mac OS X 10.3.5 running safari 1.2 (v125) and it works just fine. Is there something wrong with my OS or Safari browser? If i download IE 5.2 for Mac it works just fine.

Please help!!
thanks,

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Look under the Safari menu and make sure you have Block Pop-Up Windows turn off (not checked).

OP
N

noodles

Yes, I have made sure that the popup blocker within Safari is not checked.

Actually, my friend with the Mac 10.3 Panther said the pages work for him with the blocker on or off as the page is not a true "popup" but another window that opens up.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
noodles said:
Yes, I have made sure that the popup blocker within Safari is not checked.

Actually, my friend with the Mac 10.3 Panther said the pages work for him with the blocker on or off as the page is not a true "popup" but another window that opens up.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Apple made a number of improvements to Safari, including website compatibility issues. Your older version of Safari simply might not be fully compatible with the site you are trying to to view (for example, Gmail won't work with the older, "Jaguar version" of Safari). I'd suggest downloading a different browser for use with these sites, or upgrading to Panther. ;)

OP
N

noodles

I don't know if any of you know where there is a listed or documented list of Earlier version of safari bugs?

I have been in touch with the developers and working with them to fix this.

The problem i'm having is this(hope there's some javascript guru's here):

page 1 is loaded.
user clicks on submit button on page 1 which opens a new window.
new window displays "please wait message"
javascript executes a .php which is supposed to output results to
the new window but this never happens. Here is a snippet of the code.

document.credform.target = "newWin";
document.credform.JavaCheck.value = "enabled";
document.credform.Error_Msg.value = "";
newWin = window.open("pleaseWait.html", 'newWin');
document.credform.action = "process.php";
newWin.window.opener = window;
return true;

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... or if you know of where i could to post this
sort of thing that would be great.

Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.