Apple Drops MB Ram upgrade by 50 bucks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
If you check the Apple store, to upgrade the ram to 4GB it's now only a hundred bucks which isn't bad at all. My question is this, does anyone have the specs on what the latency and etc are? I remember reading you can still do the upgrade if you take it to the store but if I can get faster/better ram for the same price I'd obviously go that route. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just check with Crucial and read the specs. Apple's prices are still almost double what you can buy 4 Gb of DDR2 memory for. Of course we need to take in consideration that Apple will be doing the labor. But considering the fact that adding memory in a MacBook is at most a 15 minute job, doing it yourself is still the better option for most people.

Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.