Recommend Printer Please

Reaction score
Have completely lost faith in Epson had 3 printers since I got my new iMac in May ....
Have downloaded drivers bought Epson inks etc and still Banding plus I have no visial control over the printing process like I did on my PC .. i.e when I want to print with only black ink .. very frustraing .. SOOOO
It has been suggested I change to a Cannon .. alas money has run out so can only afford £200 ...
I need a dedicated printer I have scanner....
I need it to print decent samples of prints to show potential clients and Galleries .. an A3 would be great but price???
Would appreciate help and advice please ...
Thankyou ..scarlet ...

Reaction score
Just before we start i worked in a printer/cartridge refill shop for two years. I can honestly say NEVER go with Lexmark/Epson or Kodak. They are costly to run all round. The machines may not be too expensive but thats where their big illusion comes in.. they rape you on ink and charge so much for it. Personally i would recommend going with either a Canon or HP. preferably a Canon depending on how good of a quality you want your prints to be HP printers depending on price have great print quality but cartridges are a bit more expensive than canons and dont hold as much ink. Canon on the other hand are reasonably cheap to run and have really good print quality. I have a canon mp 210 and its a great all round printer for what i need it for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
I have a very cheap (low-end) HP photo printer and the quality, especially for photos, is great. The only downside of an HP is the cost of the ink. In fact, I bought the printer because it came with two ink cartridges that I needed for my other printer, and after deducting the cost of the ink, the printer cost was $0. The printing of photos with this cheap HP printer is so good that friends usually ask me which photo printing store I use to get such good quality photos.

Claire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
S
Reaction score
Thankyou so much for your helpful replies ...
I am very tempted to buy the IX4000 .. looks good and a good review .. thankyou for telling me about it ...
Think my printer problems have been that they are not Mac friendly ..
Does this Cannon come with the driver in it so to speak please? .. .. thankyou xs

Reaction score
For my windows pc it did.. everything was found as soon as i plugged it in. Couldnt say the same for mac, But im sure it does as canons work very well with mac.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My vote goes to Canon. They work very well with Mac, they're simple to use, and they're economical with ink.
Me and you have very different experiences then.

My last printer was an HP and worked like a charm until age rendered it dead. My next printer will be an HP, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
I've been a fan of Brother printers for a while at the office. I picked up a Brother MFC 490 for my iMac a month ago and I've been VERY happy with it. Shopped around and got it on sale, drivers work great, comes with mac software that worked. Its wireless and wired and going for under $100US.

Reaction score
Me and you have very different experiences then.

My last printer was an HP and worked like a charm until age rendered it dead. My next printer will be an HP, that's for sure.

Hp and Canon are both very good printers.. Cost wise though in the long run Canon's are cheaper to run. Depending on the price of the printer also Hp printers tend to have slightly better printing quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
IMO the HP's are the easiest to network if thats a concern.

OP
S
Reaction score
My new super looking Cannon IX4000 printer arrived couple of hours ago .. Been putting it together .. Terrifying .. Instructions lost in translation ... Hope I haven’t broken it !!!..it squeaks ... very worrying ...
Got as far as putting the inks in it ... Stopped for a Cobra!!! Scared to go any further ... Such a whimp ...
Finally ordered it from Dixons on Sunday as Misco was having trouble with my address .. there was just a penny difference and they were fast ...thankyou so much ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.