I can't open web pages, although it says I'm connected

Reaction score
I have a Belkin G+ mimo usb and a Thompson router. When I connect, it says I'm connected, but I can't access web pages. Eventually, it does work after several efforts, and when it does, it is uninterrupted. It's worth mentioning that I can connect to other people's routers that are outside the house, no problem.

Also, I'm asked to type in my WPA every time I go to connect. Why is this, and how can I set it to connect instantly?

I have a Mac g4, os 10.3. The appropriate software has been installed.

Many thanks,
JL

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem, with the little addition that we have three other macbooks hooked wirelessly to the network which all work fine, without the connection dropping.

Interestingly also, I have gone through the network diagnostics and it tells me that the internet connection is fine...

This is not meant to be a "me too" post, so here are some more pointer that might help:
- I can also connect to other (un-secured) networks outside of our office
- The router is brand new (Linksys WRT160N)
- ISP tech help has pinged us and can 'see' us fine
- And No, we don't have a network admin, I was just slumped with the job :)
- We run MacBooks, OSX 10.5.5

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
Same thing here, i am on a wireless network and it says that its connected, but i cant open any sites. The problem occured this morning.
Btw i isntalled an apple update last night, so i dont know if it matters or something. But i didnt check the name of the update :S

Reaction score
Same thing here, i am on a wireless network and it says that its connected, but i cant open any sites. The problem occured this morning.
Btw i isntalled an apple update last night, so i dont know if it matters or something. But i didnt check the name of the update :S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.