Finally installed my pile of updates and I've been...

Reaction score
having problems. All apps keep crashing. Even native mac apps "iTunes, Mail, Preview" I've been switching between all three of my browsers, "FF, Safari, Flock" and none of them have been working like they should. i'm running on a Macbook from Sept 2007.
Screen Shot of last update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you updated to OS X.5.6 using the combo updater direct from the Apple web site? If so after installing run Repair Permissions.

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pretty ordinary download size these days when System Updates regularly run over 400MB but it is your call dude.

Reaction score
Harryb: After getting the local gendarme to allow my car being parked in the public library lot and permission to stay in the locked building to use their DSL, I finally got a chance to do the upgrade from 10.5.2. Mind you, I have been hounded by the Apple auto-dialer to upgrade other features also, amounting to about 24 hrs of hanging on the phone, so I limited myself to just this upgrade.

On trying to download it to my computer (it's a 30 mile round-trip to the library) I am told that my version "does not qualify for this particular update" to OS 10.5.6.

Since my 90-day grace period has run out during which I never needed any tech help, I am now forced to settle for a less than perfect OS since the upgrade intro grandly states that its purpose is the repair of certain instabilities in the previous issue of the OS. In other words, they discovered a tiny puncture in the tire but refuse me to plug it.

Bill Gates seems to be saying - after 22 years of using his Windows - "I told you so."

Any back doors in San Francisco where I can inquire just WHAT I am "qualified" for? It's only 560 miles from me....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was that denial using Software Update or going to the Apple web site to download the combo updater direct? Don't start me on that Windows updating!

Reaction score
I went to the official Apple site and downloaded update 10.5.6 which - quote - "is recommended for all users of Mac OS Leopard and includes general operating system fixes..." unquote.

Upon unzipping the 372 MB monster I got as far as the interface that requires input as to where to save this update to. There was only one choice - the Apple HDD - which I clicked on and then got the red attention warning :

"You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

The website then asks me to pay for tech help to get this resolved when they quite clearly state that this update is a fix for earlier versions of the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.