Guitar Recording Into Garageband

Reaction score
maybe this have been posted but i got this problem

I use a mackie 16 channel mixer to record my guitar amp through 2 mics, milking them through a 1/8 adapter to the mic input in my mac.

but when i'm finished and done editing it only goes to 6.0db (and i have try this with garageband form Ilife'06, '08 and 09)

I got some issues with the quality but even more issues with it sounding so low, drums sound decent, the bass and the vocals too, but the guitar, it's painful....any advice?

Reaction score
Hook the Guitar up to the computer. skip the mixer. when you are going to record the guitar, click the "+" (Add new track) and select Guitar. when the track is created you will be able to switch the sound of the built-in amp and the stomp-boxes...

Record everything separately, to get the best sound... plug the amp cord from the guitar/bass to the computer and Mic the drums. before hitting record, use the monitor to see what your recording levels are going to sound like. I would recommend un-checking the Auto-Level.

Have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.