Aperture 2, Capture NX2, Lightroom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Ok, I am looking for some editing software and would like peoples opinions on what software they use. I have been trying a trial version of both Aperture 2 and also Nikon Capture NX2 and haven't come to a conclusion yet.

Reaction score
Aperture 2 is very nice. I can't comment on NX2 I've never used it. For more detailed edits I export my raw files converted into tiff into photoshop elements 6. With Aperture 2 and elements 6 you should be able to do whatever you want.

This works for me.
Mike

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I hope I made the right choice as I have just ordered Aperture 2. Im not wishing to heavily edit my pics just some minor touching up as im only a novice photographer and Aperture 2 just seemed slightly easier to get around and use than the others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel Core Duo processor / 15" / 120Gb HD / SuperDrive / Express / Firewire / Tiger OS X
Aperture and Lightroom are both fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I've used both Lightroom and Aperture. Both are very good, but Lightroom performed better on my macbook. Aperture is more of a GPU hog, and lightroom seemed to run twice as fast.

Reaction score
Aperture suits the way that I like to work. I've always tended to do the work in the camera, rather than do heavy editing in Photoshop (I've got Elements 3)
The combination of shooting RAW files, and Aperture 2, gives me all of the flexibility that I need.
Aperture does demand resources :) you may want to max your RAM out.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now im an Aperture 2 owner are there any Plug-Ins worth installing from the Apple website?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.