Will this RAM work?

OP
T
Reaction score
It's not really how cheap it initially is, it's just that my dad said we would get $30 in extra charges from UPS (he works in the industry so he knows how it works).

OWC seems good, but $14 for shipping on top of $70 for 4GB of RAM I think he'd rather go to tigerdirect (5 minutes away) and pick some patriot RAM up for $98.99 (he's like that, ordering online isn't his "thing")

Edit: I'm in Canada so the shipping costs more from OWC

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Makes the computer just work better.Even though you DONT need it.It will be beneficial to just speed up the comp and give it more power for anything..

Even though my uncle had his old mac for 7 yeas with only 2gb of ram.So no needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Guys... technically it won't make anything FASTER. It will just make your computer able to handle more before it gets bogged down, so it may seem faster, but really if you were running one app at a time, it'd be the same speed. Basically, now your system will be able to run multiple apps at once without slowing down. And yea, I'd totally recommend it. I'm still poor so I haven't upped my macbook to 4GB yet, but really i don't do anything to need 4GB of RAM. That doesn't mean I'm not going to get it and use it though.

Anyway, I hope you get that stuff. Make sure it's a trusted brand (and that it doesn't report any problems with macs, macs are picky about some cheaper types of RAM).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.