Changing your desktop look?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I noticed there was one guy with all these crazy modifications to his desktop (itunes in the left corner, ichat in the right corner) and it all blended in to the surrounding! How would I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
a screenshot? or some visual? what do you mean by in the corner? maybe you mean a konfab widget?

Reaction score
Check out www.resexcellence.com . What he has got is a different OSX theme installed to the standard Aqua theme. In Classic os (OS7-9) you could download a theme and just load it into the Appearance control panel the only problem with OSX themes is that you need a program like shapeshifter to load theme which costs money. However their is also Theme changer http://themechanger.sourceforge.net/
which is free. Themes will support one of the two programs or both if your lucky. Make sure you back up any data before using the programs as they can cause problems after loading.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
ok so i got some different desktop looks, and different colors and appearences and stuff. What about itunes and ichat? i see some sweet stuff done with these? how do i change those. So itunes in in the bottom corner and stuff, just showing the song playing? i hope this makes sense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im pretty sure those are konfabulator widgets, but you can skin apps to make them unique.
go to resexcellence.com and click safari stuff or itunes skins.

Reaction score
oo5yolo10 said:
So itunes in in the bottom corner and stuff, just showing the song playing?
It sounds like you haven't discovered the function in itunes to make the window smaller or maybe it's just a different skin I'm not sure. Anyway, just in case you don't know you can make itunes window small by clicking on the third button in the top left corner. Then it will look like the screen shot. :headphone

itunes min.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.