Macbook Pro trackpad button doesn't click

Reaction score
Hey, about a week ago my trackpad button, or mouse button doesn't click anymore when I use it. It still works, but it bothers me that is isn't clicking down anymore. It's almost like the button is stuck down, and just the slightest pressure on it will make it operate. Anyone else have this problem? Is there anyway to remove the button and possibly clean up what's underneath it?

Thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
I got the computer in November of 2006.

Very weird, but the button seems to suddenly be working again! I have no idea why. Whats also weird is I just replaced my battery (my old one started to come apart like some have experienced) and right after I replaced my battery the button worked. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take it...

Reaction score
Haha glad to hear it's working again. The button of my iBook did that a while back, and I just kinda rolled with it til one day it was normal again. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.