Mac g4 quicksilver 1ghz model h.d question

Reaction score
Hi , Im new to this, but I was wondering if someone could help. I have successfully installed a second internal hard drive in my mac qucksilver 1ghz, my primary o.s drive is a 320gb, the one I installed a 160gb.My plan is to run protools on one and my o.s on the other. my first question: the one I installed is set for slave, and I want to "ghost" the o.s (10.5.6) to this smaller drive, and use the 320 as protools dedicated. is this possible? my second question: is this setup the preferred method, all my sources say to run protools on a dedicated drive, and the o.s on the other... which is actually my current setup with my old powermacg4 (I'm upgrading computers and software all at once)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Use SuperDuper to copy the operating system to the slave. The registered version incorporates Smart Backup and is many times faster than the unregistered version. Just do a Google.

Personally use DiskWarrior 4.1.1 and this hard drive utility works directly from the CD. That way one can select which drive/s to be maintained.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.