Lots of Questions

Reaction score
Greetings!

After working for nine months with a Toshiba Tablet PC, I have happily returned to the world of Mac by purchasing a Modbook, which is made by Axiotron. I love the Mac OS, and I do not regret my decision to sell my first-born in order to buy the Modbook. However, I have many questions, and I hope you can help me.

1st--I just cannot believe that Mac is so far behind Microsoft in terms of inking technology. Running Windows XP Tablet Edition and 2007 Office, I could open student papers, comment on them using the ink available in the Reviewing panel (not an option on Office for Mac), and email the papers back to the students with a handwritten note. I cannot find any way to do this on the Mac, so I might have to partition the hard drive, buy Windows and Office and go about it that way. Do any of you have suggestions about how I can comment on papers without switching?

2nd--I though that I might accomplish the above by using Adobe Acrobat, but when I try to enable the right commands by customizing the tool bar, I get the message that document rights must be enabled. I am working with essays that were composed in Word and then opened with Acrobat, so how do I enable the document rights?

3rd--I have several movies I purchased with iTunes that are on my Toshiba. How can I move these to my Modbook? I am still using the same account.

I appreciate all of you have made it through these questions, and I thank you in advance for any suggestions you can give!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For the 3rd question, just move them over but make sure your Mac is authorized to play the files. You do this through iTunes - Store > Authorize Computer...

Make sure to deauthorize your old laptop if you don't intend to use it anymore.

The Mac was never meant to have tablet like abilities. This is why it's called a modbook.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Would you move the movies by copying them to a dvd, or is there another way?

I know that the Modbook is a modification of a Macbook, so it is not a tablet like the Toshiba. I would have thought, however, with the graphic design industry that uses Mac so widely, there would have been applications out there that will suit my needs. I had expected to have to run Windows, but I did not want to if there were an alternative.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It depends how many you have. It would be easier to use an external HD because it'll hold a lot more and it's reusable. This is assuming you have an external HD. If you don't, I highly suggest one for backing up your Mac in case of corruption, accidental deletion...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Microsoft developed the Tablet PC version of Windows, hence why it has tablet friendly features. Apple has yet to develop a tablet that has OS X on it, which is why there are no tablet features available. It has nothing to do with the industry using Apple computers, it's simply the fact that Apple has not created tablet tools for OS X since it had no reason to.

As for transferring files, I would suggest using an external hard drive or connecting the two computers via ethernet and simply dragging the files over.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you!
l
Because I don't have an external hard drive yet , how would I use an ethernet to transfer the files? Is the ethernet the same as a Fire wire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
For the adobe thing, have you tried print>pdf>save as pdf in office then try using adobe tools you spoke about?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.