Wireless Trouble

Reaction score
I'm new to mac computers and just purchased my first one. Right from the start i have had a great deal of trouble connecting to the router in my house. Currently, I have to restart my computer to get the airport to work and establish a connection. Nine times out of ten it wont get a signal when i start up or wake it up from sleep mode. It says its off and it wont allow me to turn it back on. I called apple customer service and they managed to solve it briefly and i thought i was in the clear but, an hour after i got off the phone with them the problem came right back. I don't know a whole lot about macs but would appreciate any ideas or advice in resolving this problem so i can use the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 PowerBook, iPod Nano 8gb
I had a similar problem. I don't know if this will help but it was certainly the problem with my situation.

I simply removed the old router host from the network (even though I wasn't using it) somehow it just kept interfering with my new router network settings.

Yeah it was that simple, having the old host on the new network kept making my connection via airport time out [after I shutdown or restarted], and then I had to keep re-entering the new router information settings which was becoming a nightmare because it was happening often.

Try that (if you haven't got your old router on the network) then someone else will need to try and pinpoint the problem.

Good luck!

Karen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Not a question or comment about the forum itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.