firefox problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive figured out almost everything in firefox, but for some reason, it wont save my login password for m-f, I had it as my homepage, and it would not autolog in, I tried changing password settings, and telling it to save the login, password manager shows my username, but never my password where safari usually automatically logs me in here on start up.anyone know what I can do?
ps, Ive tried some extensions, but none fixed it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You have probably already done this, but in preferences, then privacy, make sure you go to cookies, and saved passwords to make sure everything is in check. You sure are having weird luck with firefox. Firefox for me keeps me logged into the mac-forums for months until I delete my passwords or cookies, so it is possible. But some sites I have no problems being logged into automatically and others are impossible.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what I notice when I input my password and username is that when I click login, my password disappears, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
When you leave this site, do you log out or do you just go to another website or close the browser? Because I don't bother to log out, and when I come back to mac-forums, I don't need to log back in, ever. I can shut off my computer, turn it on, go to this site and not have to log back in.

Oh, I logged out and logged back in, and I noticed that the password dissappears also, but not sure, if that has anything to do with the problem.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont log out. it seems to have fixed itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.