• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

reporting "Apple Authorized Service Provider"

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way of going about reporting an AASP?

I am currently in Europe and had my hard disk crash, so I took it in the day-of, Friday, Feb 20. The lady told me that their technician would be out the ENTIRE next week for vacation, but I felt like I had no choice but to leave it there--I need it fixed. At the time, I told her I was unsure how recently I had run Time Machine and whether or not I wanted to have the data recovered for 90 € (1 hour of service) out-of-pocket (the computer itself is still on Apple Care). But I asked her if I could let them know within the next week.

At that time she told me their turn-around was usually quite quick, a day or so; however, I returned to tell them I would like them to go ahead with the data recovery and then asked when it would be ready, at which point I am told 3-4 business days...yikes! I don't know about most of you, but 2 weeks without my computer is killing me!

Anyway, I found this on Apple's website regarding the standards of an AASP:

Service Providers are required to meet Apple’s standards at all times with regard to service levels, certification of technicians and availability of service to customers. Apple typically audits and reviews Service Providers to ensure these high standards are consistently met.

I don't really know what I hope to accomplish through this; but I just don't feel that it is quite up-to-snuff to wait 2 weeks. :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.