Apple Mail Issues

Reaction score
Certain recipients in the publishing industry to whom I e-mail require that portions of my messages are double-spaced. Until recently, I've been able to accomplish this by double-spacing text in Word, then copying it to Mail. Suddenly, however, even though the result appears as before when I compose the message, after sending it everything is single-spaced.

I've tried to create a new style by selecting previously used double-spaced text as a template, but I've been unsuccessful. The Styles interface is clunky and counterintuitive. Copy Style and Paste Style commands don't work. Selecting a portion of the text then choosing Styles : Document Styles : Select : Select Within Existing Selection (with properly formatted text chosen) doesn't work, even with all the checkboxes (font, ruler, etc.) chosen.

Because I suspected that it may have been the result of corrupted preference file I trashed the User Name : Library : Mail : Message Rules.plist file and Message Rules.plist.backup without success.

I'm running Mail 2.1.3 and OSX 10.4.11 on a last generation G4 Powerbook w/ maxed-out RAM and tons of disk space (to head off all of those questions).

Any suggestions, or is it time to switch to another e-mail client app?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.