emac logic bd connector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
Hello! I recently found a nice g4 1.25ghz eMac to have around for when my grandkids come over. It has the cap problem but I found a recapped logic board for it. The recapping job looks professional but I noticed that the little black power button cable connector socket is missing from the board. The 4 pins are still there but no little black socket for the plug. I could just plug it onto the pins but they're arranged in a perfect square pattern and I have no idea which of the 4 ways it should be plugged in since the position notches in the socket aren't there. Don't want to get it wrong and let the smoke out. This connector is located on the back side from the cmos battery (it's a late 2004 model) I found lots of emac pics on line but none of this connector. If anyone could post some info or a link to a clear pic of this back side connector I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I can help you with a technical manual (7 Mb), but you'll need to PM me with an email address to which I can send the document (and other helpful links). It seems that the picture you're after is hard to find, but I think the best one may be in Troubleshooting - No Power.

Reaction score
broken socket on logic board

I too have a broken socket on the logic board, do you still have the technical specs doc? I could sure use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I too have a broken socket on the logic board, do you still have the technical specs doc? I could sure use it.

If you're referring to my post in respect of the manual etc, yes, but I'll need an email address (use the PM system to send it, not via M-F) to which I can forward the .pdf, or links. If you don't wish to disclose your personal/private email address, set up one with gmail or similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you can trust hughvane with your email address. He is not a bad bloke ~ for a K1 W1!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.