Plz Help, Macbook freezeing then restarting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
Hey guys,

I have been having this problem with my black book for about 3 weeks now and its only getting worse.

I can be doing anything on my Mac, editing photos, surfing, anything and my Macbook will make a "crackling" noise coming from the speakers. The track pad will stop working along with the keyboard and I will be forced to restart by holding down the power button. Other times it will just freeze and restart on its own and sit idle at a blue screen. If I power down completly or sometimes even when I close the lid and it goes to sleep it will take about 4 or 5 restarts to get my desktop to come up.

I'm thinking this is a hardware issue, right? I have to dig up my install disks for OSX today and give that a try, maybe a fresh install will help but I doubt it. I also tried to restore to a point a couple months ago with time machine but it won't let me. The restore tab is there but when I click it, nothing. This goes for all restore points I have on my external HD.

I had an error log that I saved the last time it happened but I must have trashed it. I'll try to get the error info posted next time it happens.

Any input on whats goin on would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.