International "Power" Issues, Mac Dual G5 2.7 (3 GB SDDRAM)

Reaction score
Hey Mac Forum Users, was wondering if you could help me out... This issue is driving me nuts!

I recently moved out of the US and took my Mac Dual G5 2.7 (3 GB SDDRAM) with me. Instead of 110v, I now live in a country with 220v and am afraid of plugging my mac in as information I have found on the matter varies depending on the source.
I've been reading online and found out that some Mac Pro's come with a switch that changes the voltage and others do it automatic, I also heard that some US Mac Models only work with 110 and an external transformer has to be used...

How can I know what type of Mac I have and what I should do? The bottom of my mac says is power specs are: 100˜120v˜/200˜240v˜6.5A/3.5 A 50-60hZ and I really don't know how to read this or what it means.

Can Anyone help?

Also, if it turned out I need a transformer, what capacity should an external transformer have? (Again online information varies quite a bit as some have a max. voltage use of 450 and others a bit over 600w...)

Many Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz 1gb 160gb back from the dead! :) , Ibook G4 14" 1.33ghz 1.25gb 120gb
you will be ok

the psu in the mac is an auto adjusting psu that handle 110 and 220

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.