Mac-PC video chat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Greetings. I was trying to video chat with my cousin the other day, he has a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP. He uses AIM 6.9 and I use iChat. He has an external webcam and iChat couldn't see the webcam, but it could see his microphone. He invited me to a video chat and iChat said, "No response from" my cousin. I was text-chatting him just fine, it was just the video chat. I had video-chatted with him before on his same computer and my same computer. Is this a normal problem with Macs? Or is there something I need to do? Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm also curious about video chat on iChat. I haven't gotten it to work once... even with my friend who has a Mac. I can video chat w/o a problem on Skype, which is all well and good, but I'd prefer to use iChat. Plus, only iChat allows for conference video chats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your best option for multi-platform video conferencing is Skype. I've used it on my Mac with friends who have PCs and it works great. Sure, it's not as fancy looking as iChat, but it gets the job done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.