Software to run on Tiger 10.4.11?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 in Screen
Hi all, I have a little PowerPC 12" 867MHz with 384Mb of ram; updating from a 256Mb stick to 1Gb in a bit but for now I have 384Mb

What software will run on this version of OSX Tiger 10.4.11 more specifically what versions of iweb and iphoto?

Is there a list of software that will run on certain versions of OSX?

regards Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is there a list of software that will run on certain versions of OSX?
No, there is no master list of software compatible for each incarnation of OS X.

Just check the specs on the software you are interested in to be sure it is compatible with not only your OS, but your hardware as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you should be able to run iLife 08 and iwork 08 on that machine.

It will run the latest iTunes as well, the only thing it will not run is iMovie 08 which needs a G5

OP
darkan9el
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cheers people, not into making movies so its no loss with imovie, be nice to have a G5 though. I was given this powerPC because the screen was broken and I have to say I'm a bit of a Mac convert. I love GarageSale for eBay and I have my beloved Photoshop CS3 on now.

I wanted iweb as a quick simple web maker for some of my less fussy clients.

Oh! and I have tried installing the latest Picasa 3 but it won't install

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
cheers people, not into making movies so its no loss with imovie, be nice to have a G5 though. I was given this powerPC because the screen was broken and I have to say I'm a bit of a Mac convert. I love GarageSale for eBay and I have my beloved Photoshop CS3 on now.

I wanted iweb as a quick simple web maker for some of my less fussy clients.

Oh! and I have tried installing the latest Picasa 3 but it won't install

This goes into what I was going to caution. Picasa, like some other apps, are Intel only. Be careful to check for that when you wish to install an application.

OP
darkan9el
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aha! I see now, bit of a bummer, i like picasa too use it all the time on my PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.