Need help with Fetch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2GB Macbook, White
So,
i currently work for National newspapers making press packages from Premiership press conferences. When i have finished editing my package i upload different files to different ftp addresses in Fetch.

Myself and a friend would like to set up our own fetch account because we want to put all our work in a database so we can gain access to it and so it is on the net aswell just in cases our comps break or something.

How do i go about making my own ftp address in fetch? Does it dl it for me?

D

danielb

Generally you need a ftp server to run the ftp repository. Your mac has ftp but since you are looking for a place (another machine) to back up your files this won't help you much. Unless you have access to another server, you can look for a public ftp site that allows uploads to park your files on. Although I don't use Fetch and looking at the website for the software, it appears to be a only a client program.

Reaction score
Correct, Fetch is only a client. You need to find a web hoster with ftp or set up a dedicated machine with an ftp server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.