Help needed for re-installing OS.

Reaction score
Hi.

I need to re-install my OS, and my question is: How much will I need to install again afterwards? I have the Office package installed, and was now wondering, do I have to install it again, after I have re-installed my OS? I only have one license left for Office.

Hope some one can help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you have a time machine back-up, then you can use migration assistant to bring it back

But why are you re-installing the OS, it isn't usually necessary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if you absolutely have to do a clean install and have 20GB of your HDD available, use Archive and Install. The old OS will be in a folder named of course 'Older System' and drag files from that.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks for the answers.

I have a problem when I want to burn CD´s or DVD´s. I can´t find any software that works.

When I burn a CD or DVD, and it is finishing the disc, it comes with an error that says that it can´t complete the burn. I have asked a danish support desk, and they said, that I need to re-install my os.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What software have you tried unsuccessfully to burn with? I'd lean more toward a problem with the burner or burning software than with the operating system.

In the Windows world this is more common. But since OS X is a UNIX-based operating system and not subject to the same "Windows rot", it's very unlikely that a reinstall is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.