I purchased 2 second hand iMacs

Reaction score
I picked up 2 second hand Imac's from an auction, when i start them is comes up "searching for the macintosh manager server (cannot find server on network): I have the options "pick server", "server finder", "shut down".
How do I get around this to use them as stand alone computers ?
My kids eagerly await someones help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you receive any disks with them? What model iMac did you buy? You really need to get recovery disks for them or generic operating system disks so that their hard drives can be wiped and a new installation of OS X be performed.

Regards.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You might also try holding down the option key while booting, you may have another option for booting rather than from the network they were on.

If not, and you received no disks with them, the new Leopard Family box set may be the way to go. Includes iLife 09 and iWork 09.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.